Los Gatos Union School District educates all children to their unique potential by teaching, modeling, and supporting the skills and attitudes that contribute to their development as globally and socially responsible citizens.
All students know their individual learning styles and talents, think creatively and critically, act responsibly, communicate effectively, and apply knowledge in a diverse and ever-changing world.
- We believe in educating the whole child (academically, socially, emotionally, and physically) through a well balanced/rounded curriculum.
- We believe in the importance of schools, parents, and community partnering to support learning.
- We believe that high expectations for learning and teaching will result in academic excellence.
- We believe that students learn best in schools that are safe, nurturing, and responsive.
- We believe that students are best prepared for the future when they know how to learn, problem solve, collaborate, and respond to change.
- We believe in purposeful collaboration focused on learning.
- We believe in every child’s capacity to learn.
- We believe that quality teaching is the greatest predictor of student success.
- We believe in educating students for global citizenship.
- We believe that the diversity of our students, staff, and community strengthens and enriches our educational community.